Foundation training for volunteer managers
Volunteering WA's two Foundation Workshops are suitable for both new volunteer and experienced leaders of volunteers looking for a refresher on the foundations of managing volunteers in Western Australia. These workshops are delivered online.
Foundation Workshop: Understanding Volunteer Management, Challenges and Opportunities (1.5 hours)
This information-rich online workshop is essential for anyone new to volunteer management and emerging volunteer involving organisations (VIOs). This session covers:
- What volunteer management entails and the best practices as a leader
- the current changes and trends in volunteering
- innovative approaches to volunteer promotions
- a sharing of challenges and opportunities
- the importance of your Continuous Professional Development and continuous improvement
Foundation Workshop: Implementing the Refreshed National Standards (1.5 hours)
Adopting the National Standards can help ensure an organisation or group is running a safe, effective, meaningful, and enjoyable volunteering program. Adopting the National Standards is voluntary, but by doing so organisations and groups can understand where their volunteering program is excelling and where there is room for improvement.
This session will run through the National Standards for Volunteer Involvement Guide and workbook designed to help you implement the National Standards in your organisation. It will also explore:
- The refreshed eight National Standards and the purpose behind adopting them
- The benefits of implementing them into your workplace
- Challenges and opportunities in implementing the National Standards
- How to align them to your volunteer management program
*2 CPD points are awarded for attending both workshops.
* An additional 3 CPD points can be earned by reviewing your VIO's alignment to the National Standards and implementing the Standards into your organisation.
To learn more about Continuous Professional Development with Volunteering WA and how to register click on the CPD link.