Thu. 7 March 2024
10:00 AM to 12:00 PM
This session will be held online via zoom
Making your Online Content Accessible to Everyone
Do you know why plain language and easy English is important when writing online content?
This session includes practical examples and opportunities to write your own solutions to difficult phrases and compare them with best practice and includes:
- The difference between plain language, simple English and easy English and supporting language needs
- Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) specific guidance
- Common words used in simple tense
- Literal language
- How to avoid double negatives
- Specific guidance for people with cognitive and intellectual disabilities
Suitability: For anyone in WA Volunteer Involving Organisations who write content online for desktops, laptops, tablets and mobile devices and who want to make it more user friendly
Up to 1 CPD point is awarded for completing this workshop. To learn more about Continuous Professional Development with Volunteering WA and how to register click on the CPD link.
This Volunteering WA workshop is fully funded thanks to funding by the Australian Government Department of Social Services.