Exploring the impact of the NDIS on volunteering in WA
EXPLORING THE IMPACT OF THE NDIS ON VOLUNTEERING IN THE DISABILITY SERVICES SECTOR IN WA
Calling for participants!
- Are you a registered NDIS provider, or do you intend to register?
- Does your organisation provide disability support services?
- Do you, or have you previously, used volunteers to help support the delivery of these services or programs?
If so, this investigation will benefit you directly.
Your contribution will help us to put together a picture of what is happening, identify any trends, uncover the ‘unknowns’, highlight any opportunities or challenges, so that you, and we, are be better informed, and better equipped, to handle this emerging issue in volunteering.
Please participate now in the online survey - to access the survey click on this link:
It will take just 10 minutes and the survey will be open until 29 November 2019.
About this investigationThis is a quick turnaround investigation into the impact of the NDIS on volunteering in the disability support services sector in WA.
The aim is to provide a snapshot of volunteering in the disability services sector, identify recent changes and possible future trends in volunteering, and provide some insights into the challenges and implications of the changes in funding on volunteering.
The investigation will include:
- a confidential online survey of disability service providers that have or used to involve volunteers to support their programs and services;
- individual interviews with HR / Volunteer Managers at disability service providers;
- a workshop for participants to share and discuss the findings; and
- a report which will be available to participants.
The investigation will be completed by March 2020.
This is funded as part of the Peaks Sector Support project, which is supported by WACOSS and funded by Lotterywest.
To find out more please contact:
Jane Mason, Member Services and Research Coordinator, Volunteering WA, 9482 4325