Grants and Funding Programs
There are several opportunities throughout the year to apply for grants or scholarships and we encourage you to check our website regularly or subscribe to our monthly sector newsletter.
Grants administered by Volunteering WA
National Volunteer Week Grants, supported by Lotterywest
Supported by Lotterywest, each year during National Volunteer Week in May, Volunteering WA offers grants of up to $1,000 to be used by
Promotion and Marketing of Volunteering in WA
Who can apply
Volunteer resource and service organisations in Western Australia. That is:
- Volunteer Resource Centres (VRC);
- Local Government Associations promoting volunteering generally within their community; or
- Community Resource Centres (CRC) undertaking volunteer resource services.
Grant funding will be available to identified volunteer service organisations for projects that increase awareness and uptake of volunteering in Western Australia.
- Read the Grant Guidelines for eligibility and criteria
- Online application form
- For queries please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Volunteering WA Research Grant Program 2022-23
Volunteering WA, with the support of the Volunteering WA Research Committee, has established an annual volunteering grant program for Western Australian researchers.
- Read the Grant Guidelines for eligibility and criteria - Download PDF document | Download Word document).
- See further detail and the current funded projects.
- To register your interest in future funding, please join our Volunteer Researcher Network by visiting this link.
Volunteer Management Activity - Project Based Grants 2022 - 2026
Volunteering WA was pleased to announce new volunteer management projects based grants available for the 2022-23 year. Successful projects commenced from July 1st 2022- 30th June 2023.
- Department of Communities' Thank a Volunteer Day Grants
Grants of up to $2,000 are available for community organisations to host events or activities on Thank a Volunteer Day, which is held every year on 5 December. Applications typically open in June and close at the end of July.
- Department of Communities Grants Programs
- Road Safety Commission
- Local Councils – generally small grants that are easy to apply for.
- Government departments
- Peak Body
- Regional Volunteer Resource Centres
- Large corporations
Volunteering WA Grant Writing Workshops
Do you need help writing a winning grant?
Please note that we also promote other grants through our newsletters and social media.