Grants and Funding Programs
There are several opportunities throughout the year to apply for grants or scholarships and we encourage you to check our website regularly or subscribe to our monthly sector newsletter.
Thank a Volunteer Day Grants
The Department of Communities provides funding to support community events and activities throughout Western Australia on Thank a Volunteer Day each year. Organisations can apply for up to $1,000 to host volunteer recognition events or associated activities to celebrate International Volunteer Day on 5 December. See the Department of Communities website for details.
Grants administered by Volunteering WA
Volunteer Management Activity - Project Based Grants 2022 - 2026
Funded by the Australian Government Department of Social Services, the Volunteer Management Activity Project-Based Grants aim to help volunteer involving organisations (VIOs) break down barriers to volunteering within one of more of the six identified priority groups.
Round 2 Open: 2023 Volunteer Management Activity Project Based Funding
Volunteering WA is pleased to announce Round 2 of the 2023 Project Funding.
Volunteering WA will be seeking expressions of interest for projects including those that may be in the development stage. This provides an opportunity to submit innovative projects and shape them to best service specified groups.
The focus of the volunteer management grants program is to:
- To build the capacity of volunteer involving organisations through online volunteer management information, training and resources.
Provide services to build the capacity of volunteer involving organisations to break down barriers to volunteering for one or more identified priority groups, and if deemed the most effective approach, provide face-to-face services to support these groups to participate in volunteering. These priority groups include: First Nation People; People with Disability; Newly Arrived Migrants; Vulnerable Women; Youth; and the unemployed.
Grants available will be up to $20,000.
Please contact Desiree Walsh to discuss potential project ideas, and to register for upcoming online information sessions.
- View the 2023-24 Recipients
- View the 2022-23 Recipients with successful projects delivered between 1 July 2022 - 30 June 2023.
National Volunteer Week Grants, supported by Lotterywest
Supported by Lotterywest, each year during National Volunteer Week in May, Volunteering WA offers grants of up to $1,000 to be used by
- View the 2023 Grant Recipients
- National Volunteer Week Grants
- National Volunteer Week 2023 (resources, and ways to get involved)
Promotion and Marketing of Volunteering in WA
Who can apply
Volunteer resource and service organisations in Western Australia. That is:
- Volunteer Resource Centres (VRC);
- Local Government Associations promoting volunteering generally within their community; or
- Community Resource Centres (CRC) undertaking volunteer resource services.
Grant funding will be available to identified volunteer service organisations for projects that increase awareness and uptake of volunteering in Western Australia.
- Read the Grant Guidelines for eligibility and criteria
- For queries please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Volunteering WA Research Grant Program 2022-23
Volunteering WA, with the support of the Volunteering WA Research Committee, has established an annual volunteering grant program for Western Australian researchers.
- Read the Grant Guidelines for eligibility and criteria - Download PDF document | Download Word document).
- See further detail and the current funded projects.
- To register your interest in future funding, please join our Volunteer Researcher Network by visiting this link.
- Local Councils – generally small grants that are easy to apply for.
- Government departments
- Peak Body
- Regional Volunteer Resource Centres
- Large corporations
Volunteering WA Grant Writing Workshops
Do you need help writing a winning grant?
Please note that we also promote other grants through our newsletters and social media.