Do you want to help bring companionship and connection to our West Aussie seniors?
There are so many ways you can bring joy to those in residential aged care.
How you can volunteer
- Find a program that suits you below, or sign up directly with an aged care provider using our interactive volunteer opportunity directory (search by 'aged care') or use the map to find something local.
Community Visitors Scheme (CVS)
The Community Visitors Scheme (CVS) supports volunteers through a range of community volunteering organisations to form friendships with senior Australians, providing company and conversation to people who may not get a lot of other visitors. CVS is a national scheme, with visits available to anyone receiving government-subsidised residential aged care or Home Care Packages who are socially isolated or lonely.
If you or someone you know would like to be involved by receiving a visitor or volunteering, more information can be found on the Department of Health and Aged Care website: www.health.gov.au/initiatives-and-programs/community-visitors-scheme-cvs
The CVS Flyer is also available for downloading, printing or hard copies can be ordered free of charge at Community Visitors Scheme (CVS) Flyer. The flyer has also been translated into 63 languages and can be found at Community Visitors Scheme (CVS) Flyer (other languages) for printing or for order.
LGBTIQ+ older people Visitor Schemes
Visitor schemes are social support programs that provide LGBTIQ+ older people with visitors to reduce social isolation or loneliness and increase community connection.
Click on each program to learn more:
State or territory based:
- Western Australia: Umbrella Multicultural Community Care
Volunteering with Dementia Australia
There are many benefits of volunteering with Dementia Australia. You will:
- Be involved with the peak body for Dementia
- Develop new skills and gain new experiences
- Make new friends and be part of a team
- Feel a sense of personal achievement and satisfaction
- Gain a better understanding of dementia and the help available
- Help us to achieve our vision
Volunteers assist us to run events, raise funds, deliver local programs and build awareness in the community about dementia. You can choose what you get involved in, how often and at a location that suits you.