Volunteering WA Vacancy | Project Coordinator – Emergency Volunteering
Volunteering WA’s mission is ‘to empower people and communities to enrich Western Australia’, and our vision is ‘A society where everyone is inspired to make a difference’. As the peak organisation for volunteering in WA, we are the leading voice for volunteers and volunteer involving organisations, working to strengthen the sector and promote the benefits of volunteering.
Volunteering WA is recruiting an experienced Project Coordinator to build on our work in the emergency and disaster volunteering space.
Volunteering WA supports the Western Australian community during an emergency or natural disaster through our existing Emergency Volunteering platform, which enables people to register to become a 'support volunteer' during the recovery and response stages of an emergency.
With funding through National Disaster Risk Reduction (NDRR) Grant Program, Volunteering WA will build on the existing Emergency Volunteering platform by:
- developing policies and procedures to support its role in disaster risk reduction in WA;
- integrating the Volunteer Community Recovery platform into the plans, policies and procedures of emergency management in WA at all levels;
- developing online training resources to assist in the attraction, recruitment and orientation of spontaneous volunteers across WA;
- delivering a large scale community awareness and communications campaign; and
- developing, and formalising where required, trusted partnerships with key organisations (including local government and large volunteer involving organisations) to support its implementation as part of disaster risk reduction.
The outcome will be a streamlined Spontaneous Volunteer Management System for WA which will be aligned and integrated into emergency management settings at all levels. The Spontaneous Volunteer Management System and EV platform will be available for both community and animal welfare response and recovery activities, as a support to response agencies and local communities.
Volunteering WA's Emergency Volunteering Project Coordinator will
- Coordinate the NDRR - Spontaneous Volunteer Management System for Western Australia project.
- Become the go-to Volunteering WA representative in the disaster and emergency space both internally and externally so ideally you will have experience in this field or be passionate about this area.
- Develop trusted partnerships with key organisations who play a role in disaster risk reduction in WA.
- Provide support, resources and tools to volunteer involving organisations to assist and grow their capability to work with volunteers who want to assist during times of emergency or in the lead up.
- Develop online training resources to assist in the attraction, recruitment and orientation of spontaneous volunteers across WA.
- Work with Volunteering WA’s Marketing Manager to deliver a proactive large scale community awareness and communications campaign.
- Develop policies and procedures to support Volunteering WA’s role in disaster risk reduction in WA, including technological platforms of emergency management at VWA, and in WA at all levels.
- Establish and run a Steering Group.
- Create, update and maintain comprehensive project documentation, including processes, procedures, guidelines, plans and reports.
Please submit your application before 5:00pm Wednesday 15 February 2023 via Seek. Please submit your resume and cover letter addressing the selection criteria and outlining your previous project coordinator experience. Applications submitted without both of these will not be considered.
Rolling interviews will occur throughout the application period and if the position is filled prior to the application closing date, this position listing will be updated.