Volunteering WA launches ‘Leading the Way’ free training webinar series
Volunteering WA’s Leading the Way is a free online webinar series, funded by the Minderoo Foundation, specifically designed for volunteer managers who work in small volunteer involving organisations. It outlines a best practice approach to launch or re-invigorate volunteer programs and supports the ongoing effective management of volunteers.
Increasing retention and volunteer engagement should be at the heart of all volunteer programs. Building and nurturing a positive and productive relationship between your organisation and volunteers helps to achieve your goals while creating a rewarding volunteer experience.
The webinar series is divided into four modules which will provide pragmatic practices, tips and materials. Please see below for more details and how to register.
Module 1: Building a Solid Foundation -
- Organisational vision
- Leadership role
- Developing policies and procedures to reach long term goals and day to day running of an organisation
- Developing a budget
Click here to register for Module 1.
Module 2: Connecting with Volunteers
- Recruiting, screening and selecting volunteers
- Reducing barriers to participation
Click here to register for Module 2.
Module 3: Supporting Volunteers
- Welcoming volunteers
- Recognising and rewarding volunteers
- Education and training for volunteers
Click here to register for Module 3.
Module 4: Evaluating and Reviewing Outcomes
- Evaluating performance
- Departing volunteers and saying goodbye
- Program review and volunteer engagement plan development
Register here for Module 4.
To register for a webinar, please follow the link under each module.
This webinar series is free and is proudly funded by the Minderoo Foundation.