Volunteering WA forms New Migrant Advisory Group
New Migrant Advisory Group
Volunteering WA is proud to formally announce the formation of our New Migrant Advisory Group. The group who commenced in late 2021, provides recommendations to help us to understand ways in which information, services and programs in Western Australia can support volunteer involving organisations reduce the barriers to volunteering for Newly Arrived Migrants (less than 5 years in Australia).
Through this new advisory group, Volunteering WA aims to support effective inclusive and accessible volunteer and volunteer management programs for the sector, with a primary purpose of increasing opportunity and social participation for migrant groups and volunteers.
The advisory group will provide input to Volunteering WA on strategies, service need, development and review of methods of delivery of Volunteer Management Activity (VMA) programs to help the sector evolve to meet the needs of groups from identified backgrounds.
- Rika Asaoka (Advisory Chair)
- Janete Reos - Metropolitan Migrant Resource Centre
- Ephraim Osaghee - Australia Professional Bridge
- Carol Zhang - Cockburn Chinese Community Association
- Syed Muzaffar Ahmed - Ubuntu Australia Inc
- Stuart Tomlinson - Multicultural Futures
- Krishna Karangiya - Kaleidoscope Community Services-City of Stirling
- Lesley Lord - Communicare
- Melanie Baker - Volunteering WA