Volunteering WA Corporate Volunteering
Our work with corporate volunteering has grown exponentially in recent years, with many wonderful companies taking the opportunity to use our services to find suitable volunteer projects with community organisations.
Benefits of Corporate Volunteering for Community Organisations
- The transfer of skills, knowledge and technical expertise into the community
- Changing behaviours and practices that create social, economic or environmental problems
- Providing access to teams of volunteers for major tasks and events
- Providing access to free or subsidised
- Save on time and resources that can otherwise be spent on service delivery
- Increasing public awareness of community issues
- Creating new income streams for community projects
- Improving understanding and appreciation between the business and voluntary sectors
- Building new relationships with organisations and their volunteers
Benefits of Corporate Volunteering for Corporates
- Increased company pride and loyalty from staff
- Heightened and positive recognition by customers and consumers
- Improved staff morale, motivation, team spirit and initiative
- Enhanced workplace relationships and unique opportunities for staff to work with people from different areas and levels of their organisation
- Better employee attendance, recruitment and retention
- New skill development opportunities for staff
- New business opportunities
- Improved triple bottom line
- A more positive corporate image
- Transformative relationships between the company and the local community
As a member of Volunteering WA there are several ways in which you can access corporate volunteers to support your organisation.
These are discrete projects in which a volunteer uses their day to day workplace skills to complete a project for you. These may include but are not limited to projects in Human Resources, Health and Safety, Strategic Planning or Project Management. These projects usually take place over the course of weeks or months and are generally 8-12 hours in total. If you require a larger project Volunteering WA can look into getting more than one person working on it and/or break it into sub-projects for various people to work on.
These are one day projects in which a team of 10+ volunteers come to your organisation to complete a project. The team size depends on the project you have so we will look at the project and then send a suitably sized team. The activities a corporate team is involved in may include painting, gardening, cooking meals or building.
Volunteering opportunities advertisements
We have a newsletter we send out to our corporate members providing them with opportunities for their staff to volunteer in a one off capacity. If an activity doesn’t fit into the above team category, we may advertise it in this newsletter. This is usually things like weekend events, tin shaking, or weekday activities that only require a few extra hands.