Volunteering WA Research Grant Program
Volunteering WA, with the support of the Volunteering WA Research Committee, has established an annual volunteering grant program for Western Australian researchers.
The program objectives are to:
- facilitate connections between researchers, VWA and their members;
- enable VWA to find answers to pertinent research questions;
- facilitate students / Early Career Researchers to engage with VWA and VIOs; and
- grow Western Australia’s capacity for volunteering research.
The first two projects to be funded will address the research question of “how has COVID-19 impacted tertiary student volunteering programs in WA?"
Two funded projects
- Project title: University students’ experiences of volunteering to support older adults in hospital during the COVID-19 pandemic: A qualitative case study
Lead researcher: Dr Olivia Gallagher, Edith Cowan University
- Project title: Impact of COVID-19 on University Students’ Volunteering – Emerging Trends and Way Forward
Lead researcher: Dr Fazlul Rabbanee, Curtin University
More on both of these projects can be found on our Research page under Current Projects.
Volunteering WA congratulates the recipients of the 2021-22 Research Grant Program and looks forward to sharing learnings from these projects with members and our community.
The next round of the program for 2022-23 projects will be released by September 2022. To register your interest, please join our Volunteer Researcher Network by visiting this link.
Are you a volunteer involving organisation that has an idea for an area of volunteer research? We’d love to hear from you. Please send an email to email@example.com to get in touch.