Mon. 20 March 2023
10:00 AM to 12:00 PM
This session will be held online, and a link will be sent out to you before the workshop commences.
Diversity & Inclusive Workshop series - Workshop 2: Cultural diversity and inclusion
Workshop 2: Cultural diversity and inclusion
Prerequisite for participating in this session is to complete the online microlearning session: Becoming an Inclusive Volunteer Involving Organisation (VIO) - the link will be sent to you separate to registration.
In this two-hour session, we will discuss:
- your understanding of cultural competency
- the benefits of engaging new arrivals as volunteers
- different languages
- the meanings of multilingual, multi-cultural, multi faith
- embracing techniques to imbed workplace cultural competencies
- tips to engage new arrival migrants as volunteers
Suitability: For all Volunteer Involving Organisations and their employees.
Up to 0.5 CPD point is awarded for attending this session.To learn more about Continuous Professional Development with Volunteering WA and how to register click on the CPD link.
This online learning is offered free to Western Australian volunteer involving organisations thanks to funding from the Australian Government Department of Social Services.